1 Febrero 2018
IFLA Africa Section Satellite Meeting in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 2018 - Call for Papers
Libraries as Centers of Community Engagements for Development
The IFLA Africa Section is seeking proposals for a satellite meeting to be held at the IFLA 84th World Library and Information Congress in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
22 - 23 August 2018
SERAMBI ILMU RAKYAT LIBRARY,
Level 7, Tower 1,Menara Kembar Bank Rakyat,
, Jalan Rakyat, 50470, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Proposals chosen for presentation will examine how Libraries:
- Have developed community information literacy programmes and partnerships
- Liaised with other community groups to achieve national development.
- Collaborated with national governments to achieve the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
- Collaborated with national governments working towards realising Agenda 2063 and achieving the Africa we want.
- Public Libraries and community engagement
- Information Literacy for Development.
- ICTs for LIS Development
- Information Literacy for Empowering the community
- Quality information empowers society
- Exploration of the way in which local libraries can contribute to community development.
The proposal must be the original work of the author(s) and should be written in either English or French. Each abstract must contain:
- Title of proposed presentation
- Outline of the proposed presentation (no more than 350 words)
- Name(s) of presenter(s)
- Position or title of presenter(s)
- Presenter(s) employer or affiliated institution
- E-mail address, Telephone/fax numbers
- Short biographical statement of the presenter/s, with digital photograph
Please email ABSTRACTS (Proposals) by 28 February 2018 to:
Dr Rosemary Shafack, Chair, IFLA Africa Section Email: email@example.com
And Ms Nthabiseng Kotsokoane, Secretary, IFLA Africa Section
For the complete call for papers, see: Calls for Papers for Satellite Meeting
To Register for the satelite meeting, please visit our dedicated website