Scientific Seminar and LAC 2017 Midterm Meeting
Libraries, advocacy and promotion activities and implementation of Agenda 2030
13 – 17 March 2017
Santiago and Valparaiso, Chile
IFLA will be represented by President-elect Glòria Pérez-Salmerón
Scientific Seminar with the theme "Libraries, advocacy and promotion activities and implementation of Agenda 2030" and the LAC 2017 Midterm Meeting.
The IFLA Latin America and the Caribbean Section (LAC) Standing Committee, the Library of National Congress of Chile and the National Library of Chile are pleased to invite you to participate in two events during a special week in Chile (13-16 March, 2017):
- International Scientific Seminar: "Libraries, advocacy and promotion activities and implementation of Agenda 2030" (13-14 March)
- LAC Standing Committee Mid-term Meeting (15-16 March)
The purpose of the seminar is to discuss the potential of libraries to act as partners in the development of public policies that can ensure public access to information and protect the fundamental freedoms of citizens, in accordance with national laws and international agreements.
Download the complete programme:
- Sueli Mara S. P. Ferreira, IFLA LAC Chair
- María Angélica Fuentes, Biblioteca del Congreso Nacional de Chile
- Belén Martínez, Ministerio de Educación, Cultura y Deporte en España
Last update: 11 May 2018