Event Planning Resources
Please consult the following resources for planning your mid-term meeting, workshop or conference:
One of the IFLA Sections has shared the materials they use to seek sponsors for their conference. You may like to adapt and use these materials for your own event:
Although IFLA does not have its own specific checklist for making meetings and events accessible, the following resources offer great advice and contain tools to help you plan your event:
- Planning Accessible Meetings and Events: A Toolkit. American Bar Association Commission on Disability Rights [PDF]
- Planning Accessible Meetings and Conferences, a Suggested Checklist and Guide. The University of Maine Center for Community Inclusion and Disability Studies.
- Accessible Conference Guide. Special Interest Group on Accessible Computing
- Accessibility Checklist for SFWA Spaces. Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America.
- World Blind Union. How to make visual presentations accessible to audience members with print impairments [PDF]
Last update: 19 October 2020