Training of trainers on information literacy: A proposal to train librarians in Botswana, Lesotho and Swaziland (BLS)
Country: Lesotho, Botswana, Swaziland
Organisation: National University of Lesotho
The project will:
- Organise a workshop designed to build the capacity of Librarians in Botswana, Lesotho, and Swaziland in information literacy skills. The outcomes of the workshop will be cascaded through the three countries using a training of trainers approach.
- The three associations will select librarians to participate in the project in collaboration with the national library associations in each country.
The project consists of the following:
Workshop to equip librarians with information literacy and training of trainer skills. Specifically the objectives of the project are:
- To train Librarians to exploit and access relevant information resources in the most effective way
- To strengthen the capacity of Librarians on the latest information technology to facilitate harvesting available free open access electronic resources
- To facilitate the sharing of experiences and good practices between the three countries
- To assist those trained at the workshop to develop training programs or modules to use for training others in their respective countries
- To establish a network between the countries that will enhance offering each other any necessary support on information literacy should this be necessary.
The project will focus on the following ALP focal areas:
- Libraries and literacy: libraries as promoters of information literacy and lifelong learning, and combating functional illiteracy
Last update: 5 October 2012