IFLA MLAS / FESABID Access to information advocacy workshop
13 March 2014
Seville, Spain, Facultad de Derecho, Universidad de Sevilla Campus Ramon y Cajal
IFLA will be represented by Gerald Leitner, MLAS Chair; Stuart Hamilton, IFLA Director of Policy and Advocacy (Deputy Secretary General); Ellen Broad, IFLA Manager of Digital Projects; and Fiona Bradley, IFLA Manager of Member Services and Development
coinciding with MLAS mid term meeting
On 13 March 2014, IFLA’s Management of Library Associations Section (MLAS) and the Federación Española de Sociedades de Archivística, Biblioteconomía, Documentación y Museística (FESABID), are hosting an all day library advocacy workshop in Seville, Spain.
Facultad de Derecho
Universidad de Sevilla
Campus Ramón y Cajal
C/ Enramadilla, 18-20
C.P: 41018 Seville
The workshop will take place at the Facultad de Derecho (Law School) on the Universidad de Sevilla Campus Ramon y Cajal, and is free to IFLA members.
Registrations are limited, so if you’re planning to attend please RSVP with your registration form immediately.
Note: the workshop will be held in English
Objectives for the workshop are:
- Promotion of national advocacy as an important tool to effect change for libraries, responding to challenges and new opportunities in the digital environment – identified in the IFLA Trend Report
- Building of advocacy skills and strategies for MLAS members to contribute to national level advocacy efforts
- Sharing of national library advocacy campaigns that have taken place, or are being prepared;
- Identification of possible library coalition members from outside the sector within each country (and wider region) including consumer groups; digital rights groups; civil liberties groups
- Increased understanding of IFLA’s advocacy efforts at the international level, and understanding of the relationship between international and national advocacy
Last update: 11 March 2014