Memorandum of Understanding Template
1--------- (1st party)
2--------- (2nd party)
Aim / purpose of the agreement
Some guiding terms:
- Desiring to strengthen profession relations between libraries …..
- To facilitate their operation in …….
- Pursuant to the desire to strengthen the existing cordial relations between the parties …
- To enhance their cooperation in the areas of …….
- Having agreed to harmonize the interests and targets of the two parties …..
- Building partnerships is an immense solution to emerge energy and resources to achieve -----
- For their mutual knowledge of achievements and perspectives of library science development ------
The parties have agreed on the following:
“Legal capability clause”
- The Parties confirm that the articles they drafted and the legal capacity of both of them are valid.
- Articles explaining each party’s role in this agreement (technically, financially, etc..)
Article: Duration of the agreement and cancellation terms and conditions
- Example: This Agreement shall remain in force for ….. years if either Party does not terminate it by a minimum of a six month’s written notification to the other Party.
Article: Number of copies/language of the agreement
- Example: This agreement is issued and signed in two copies in …. (English, Arabic, etc.), one in each Party’s hand.
Article: Closing and Date
- Example: This agreement shall enter into force upon signature on...
For ….. (1st party)
---------(Signature of 1st party’s rep.)
For ….. (2nd party)
---------(Signature of 2ndparty’s rep.)
Last update: 19 June 2014