20 August 2019
2019 WLIC GIOPS Sessions in Athens
Please join GIOPS in Athens! You do not need to be a member of our standing committee to attend any of these sessions.
- Saturday 24 August: 13:30-15:30 – Session 024, SCI – Government Information and Official Publications. Location: Athens College 113
- Wednesday 28 August: 10:45-13:15 – Session 218, SCII -- Government Information and Official Publications. Location: Business Meeting Room 5
Tuesday August 27: 13:45-15:45 – Session 185: International Financial Institutions, Governments, and Austerity: Banks, Bailouts and Information on the Global Debt Crisis
- Location: MC3
Description: How can libraries best serve populations during a global economic crisis or make sense of government data? This session will explore government information services offered by libraries as well as the actions and initiatives undertaken and synergies developed to help achieve these goals. It will also explore partnerships for sharing knowledge, ideas, best practices and resources to serve user communities experiencing difficult economic conditions, as well as tools and tecniques designed to enhance the transparency and accessibility of official government statistics. Session Chairs: Thanos Giannakopoulos (New York) & James Church, (Berkeley)
- The Hellenic Economic Library Network (H.E.LI.N.): A Partnership Against the Economic Crisis Anthi Katsirikou, University of Piraeus, Greece.
- European Documentation Centres in Recent Financial Crisis: Good Practices and Lessons Learned Vasiliki Rigakou, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece.
- Working With Chinese Economic Data Sets: Potential Issues and Solutions Edward Lim Junhao, New York University Shanghai, China