29 January 2015
Call for Papers: Library History SIG in Cape Town
The IFLA Library History Special Interest Group invites papers to be presented at its open session during IFLA WLIC 2015 in Cape Town, South Africa.
The IFLA Library History SIG seeks proposals for papers and presentations on the theme of the History of Libraries and Librarianship in Africa with an emphasis on the political and economic role of libraries in Africa.
Suggested topics include:
- Libraries as agents or critics of national and regional policy
- Convergence / divergence of the professional and the political in libraries
- Libraries as tools for economic development
- African libraries and the international development community
- Libraries and social justice
- Libraries in the colonial and post-colonial era
For complete information, see the IFLA WLIC 2015 website.