3 February 2015
Public Libraries Satellite - Call for Proposals
Public library services around the world have reached the cross-roads. Collection formats and community needs continue to evolve at a rapid pace. Technology plays a major role providing people with access to information; bringing library staff out from behind the desk to engage with users and delivering programs and activities, to suit the local community.
- How do Public Libraries cope with these changes?
- How do we plan and adapt our spaces to incorporate these changes?
- How do we reorganise our service models?
These are the questions we need? to answer through our exciting and very practical program. Its a multi-pronged approach with a combination of keynote speakers, targeted papers and workshop sessions.
The conference will be will be hosted by the City of Cape Town Library Service and the Western Cape Provincial Library Services. Delegates will have the opportunity to workshop solutions for service delivery options with their professional colleagues and to share and learn from others’ experiences.
The conference organisers invite proposals on the following issues:
How do we integrate technology into the Public Library? (e-resources, RFID, self-serve, mobile devices)
- Service - how do we deliver and design for new services
- Collections – how can make the transition for technology to provide greater and more relevant access?
- Spaces – how do we plan and adapt spaces in local context
Preference will be given to presentations that will equip participants with ideas and skills that can be applied in their workplace.
Further information is available here.