28 April 2015
IFLA Journal Editorial Committee call for nominations
The IFLA Professional Committee is calling for up to three members to join the IFLA Journal Editorial Committee, for a term of four years (once renewable) from 2015-2019.
IFLA Journal is an international peer-reviewed journal, publishing research-based articles that impact and enrich professional practice. The articles focus on key topics such as the role of information in society, developing inclusive services, supporting economic development, increasing access to knowledge and engagement in policies that impact libraries and citizens worldwide. Its new Editor, Steve Witt, has introduced a regular special issue that explores a topic in-depth, engaging with researchers and professionals from a wide range of fields and disciplines. IFLA Journal is published quarterly. Articles are normally published in English, with abstracts translated into IFLA’s other official languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Russian and Spanish).
The IFLA Journal Editorial Committee is appointed by and reports to the Professional Committee. It manages the editorial direction of the IFLA Journal and ensures its quality, actively participating in the review process.
Roles and responsibilities of the Editorial Committee
- Provide advice to the Professional Committee on all matters relating to the editorial direction of the IFLA Journal;
- Act as panel of peer reviewers for submitted papers and also assist in creating a list of other experts who will undertake review;
- Monitor the quality of submissions and propose measures for improvement;
- Provide detailed constructive editorial review to authors of submitted papers;
- Identify themes for the Journal in key areas of IFLA’s strategy and work;
- Provide advice to the Professional Committee, as needed.
For more information about the role and duties of the Editorial Committee, see the Terms of Reference.
Members of the Editorial Committee are appointed on the basis of the following expertise:
- Practical experience of the peer review process, with the capacity to review critically the research method, impact and novelty of the papers being presented for review;
- Familiarity with research methodologies in the field of library and information science;
- Experience with editing and/or publishing in a peer-reviewed publication;
- High level of competence of working in the English language. Knowledge of one of the other languages of IFLA (Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Russian and Spanish) is an advantage.
To nominate for the Committee, please complete the nomination form [MS Word].
The call is open to all Members of IFLA.
- Tuesday 28 April: Nominations open
- Monday 1 June: Call for nominations close
- Monday 15 June: Nominees will be informed of the outcome after this date. The appointed members will take up their position in August, meeting at the IFLA World Congress in Cape Town.
To submit nominations, and for all enquiries, please contact: Louise Edwards, Director, Professional Strategies at IFLA: firstname.lastname@example.org.