WSIS+10 Review side event
Putting People at the Centre of the WSIS+10 Review
19 October 2015
New York, United States
19 October, 13:15 - 14:30
United Nations Headquarters Conference Building, Room F
The Association for Progressive Communications (APC), the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA), the Internet Democracy Project, and the Internet Society are co-organising a side event for non-governmental stakeholders to share and exchange their views and priorities with governments on WSIS+10 in a dynamic, interactive setting.
- Ambassador Benedicto Fonseca Filho, Government of Brazil
- Anja Kovacs, Internet Democracy Project, India
- Raúl Echeberría, Internet Society (ISOC)
- Anne Miroux, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
- Dominique Lazanski, GSM Association (GSMA)
- Grace Githaiga, Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet)
- Moderator: Deborah Brown, Association for Progressive Communications (APC)
The event will cover
- What are the key social and development priorities that civil society, the technical community and academia, the private sector, and international institutions would like to see the WSIS+10 outcomes address?
- How should the WSIS+10 outcomes be linked to the Sustainable Development Goals?
- How can the WSIS+10 outcomes promote the empowerment of women and their full and equal participation in all spheres of society and in all decision-making processes?
- What type of financing mechanisms can be established or leveraged to support the implementation of the WSIS+10 outcomes?
- What processes and mechanisms can non-governmental stakeholders develop to collaborate with governments on the implementation of the WSIS+10 outcomes, and for monitoring their implementation?
Note: UN ground passes are required for individuals wishing to attend this event
Last update: 16 October 2015