Annual Report 2017-18
Our Annual Report records our achievements and progress in relation to our Action Plan for the last year.
Read our Action Plan for the past year to see what we set out to achieve.
If you have questions about our work, suggestions about what you would like us to work on, or you would like to help us, please contact one of the members of the Standing Committee.
These are the activities that were completed during the year:
1. Published two editions of the section Newsletter - in January and July.
2. Organised a mid-year meeting in Romania, which was widely-promoted and well-attended. A website was created to publicise the mid-year meeting, and papers presented were published in a Romanian repository.
3. The usage of social media accounts was reviewed, with a long-term strategy established. This focus on social media has seen an increase in interest from the standing committee and volunteers. It has proven to be an effective platform for sharing case studies - social media follower interaction and numbers are into the 100s. This has led to an increased reach amongst audiences online, in promoting work being done.
4. A review of the committee's purpose was undertaken, preparing and organising the standing committee for the next four years. Clear roles and responsibilities were defined, with greater shared contributions. Strategies were also investigated for supporting speakers and colleagues to attend upcoming meetings.
5. The section's session was organised for WLIC 2018 in Kuala Lumpur, with the theme of "Library services: empowering people to develop their inter-cultural identities". This featured five presentations, followed by round table discussions facilitated by the presenters. The presentations from this session are available online.
Standing Committee meetings
Members of the Standing Committee met during the following times:
- 1-2 March 2018: Mid-year meeting in Timisoara, Romania
- 24 and 27 August 2018: Business meetings at WLIC 2018 in Kuala Lumpur
Minutes of the meetings were distributed to Section Members by email and posted on the section's website.
Last update: 1 February 2020