Content tagged Intellectual property
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Traditional Knowledge and Copyright: An Interview with Wend Wendland, Director of the WIPO Traditional Knowledge Division
We had a chat with Wend Wendland, Director of the Traditional Knowledge Division at the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), to find out more both about the division and the WIPO...
News - 23 April 2019
- Availability, License Terms and Pricing of eBooks: an Interview with Rebecca Giblin
ELending is becoming increasingly important and is already well-established in many countries. While jurisdictions approach the lending of eBooks and other digital material in many different ways...
News - 12 April 2019
Tags: Access to information, Access to knowledge, accessibility, Advocacy, Australia, Canada, Copyright, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, eBooks, eLending, eLending for Libraries, Intellectual property, licensing, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States, CLM (Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters)
- Bringing the Marrakesh Treaty closer to practice: IFLA releases new monitoring report
IFLA has today published an update to its Marrakesh Monitoring Report. This sets out which countries have ratified or acceded to the Treaty, and which have taken the necessary steps at...
News - 24 January 2019
Tags: Advocacy, Copyright, Copyright Limitations and Exceptions for Libraries & Archives, Intellectual property, Inter-Library Loans, International cooperation, Services to people with disabilities, Services to the visually impaired
- 5th Global Congress on Intellectual Property and the Public Interest
"The Global Congress is the main convening of a global network of over 800 researchers, activists, and practitioners who work on the intersection of intellectual property and promotion of the...
Event - 18 September 2018
- Libraries in the sky: large-scale collaboration strategies and infrastructures to enhance the use of digital heritage collections
Libraries in the sky: large-scale collaboration strategies and infrastructures to enhance the use of digital heritage collections IFLA RBSCS mid-term conference, National Library of Norway...
Event - 27 November 2017
Tags: Collections, Conference, Digital preservation, Digital repositories, Digital resources, Digitisation, Information technology, Intellectual property, International cooperation, Norway, Rare books and manuscripts, Rare Books and Special Collections
- Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights 33 (SCCR 33)
The 33rd meeting of the WIPO Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR).
Event - 30 August 2016
- Swedish Library Association's Expert Network for Libraries and Copyright
The Swedish Library Association's Expert Network for Libraries and Copyright arranges a meeting where IFLA's Governing Board member Victoria Owen will hold a presentation about...
Event - 18 May 2016
- EBLIDA Expert Group on Information Law Spring Meeting
The spring meeting of EBLIDA EGIL (Expert Group on Information Law) takes place on Thursday 19 May to Friday 20 May (09:30am-3:30pm BST) at CILIP’s offices in London, United Kingdom...
Event - 29 April 2016
- Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights 32 (SCCR32)
The 32nd meeting of the WIPO Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR) will have in depth discussions on exceptions and limitations internationally, preparing statements for IFLA...
Event - 26 April 2016
- Libraries are fighting for public, not commercial interests - a response to comments at the International Publishers' Congress 2016
IFLA has co-signed a letter in response to comments made by Hachette Livre CEO Arnaud Nourry at this week's International Publishers' Congress. In it, we reject entirely the argument that...
News - 14 April 2016
Tags: Access to information, Advocacy, contractual override, Copyright, EU, European Commission, Intellectual property, Knowledge society, Policy, Publishing, rights, CLM (Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters)
- Copyright Matters: Copyright and Legal Matters Committee to Discuss Libraries and National Copyright Reform Initiatives at WLIC 2016
IFLA’s Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters (CLM) will look, in its WLIC 2016 session, at recent, ongoing and upcoming copyright reforms around the world, under the title Copyright...
News - 6 April 2016
- Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights 31 (SCCR31)
The 31st meeting of the WIPO Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR) will have in depth discussions on limitations and exceptions for libraries and archives, limitations and...
Event - 4 September 2015
- WIPO General Assembly: Forty-Seventh Session
The main policy and decision making bodies of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) are the General Assembly and the Coordination Committee. Twenty Assemblies, and other bodies of...
Event - 4 September 2015
- IFLA at EuroDIG 2015
On 4-5 June, IFLA participated in EuroDIG 2015: Shaping the Internet Together through three panels that discussed equal access to the Internet, the role of libraries in facilitating...
News - 23 June 2015
- IFLA co-signs on Manila Principles to protect freedom of expression
Internet communication is handled by intermediaries, including service providers, social networks, and search engines. These intermediaries are routinely asked to take down content, and...
News - 13 June 2015
- EuroDIG 2015
This week the European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG) will be hosting EuroDIG 2015: Shaping the Internet together held in Sofia, Bulgaria, from 4 – 5 June. IFLA will be...
Event - 3 June 2015
- Global Library and Archives Community welcomes new United Nations report
On Wednesday 11 March 2015, the UN Special Rapporteur in the field of Cultural Rights will present a thematic report to the 28th session of the Human Rights Council in Geneva regarding copyright...
News - 11 March 2015
- EuroDIG 2014
The Pan-European dialogue on Internet governance (EuroDIG) is an open platform for informal and inclusive discussion and exchange on public policy issues related to Internet Governance (IG)...
Event - 1 June 2014
- Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights 27 (SCCR27)
The 27th meeting of the WIPO Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR) will have in depth discussions on limitations and exceptions for libraries and archives, limitations and...
Event - 22 April 2014
- CALL FOR PAPERS: Special Spaces for Special Collections Lyon 2014
Theme: Special Spaces for Special Collections The Library Buildings & Equipment and the Rare Books and Manuscripts Standing Committees together with the Preservation and...
News - 29 November 2013
Tags: Collection development, Conferences, Copyright, Democracy, Digital repositories, Digital resources, Document delivery, Electronic collections, Electronic delivery, Electronic resources, Guidelines, Information policy, Information technology, Intellectual property, Library Buildings and Equipment
- Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights 26 (SCCR26)
The 26th meeting of the WIPO Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR) will have in depth discussions on limitations and exceptions for libraries and archives, limitations and...
Event - 31 October 2013
- IFLA IT Newsletter Dec 2012 - Trends and Issues in Library Information Technology
The December 2012 issue of the IFLA IT Section (Trends and Issues in Library Technology) has a great range of articles covering all aspects of library and information technology....
Informational Page - 31 December 2012
- Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights 25 (SCCR25)
Updated news items concerning SCCR25 can be found: Copyright Limitations and Exceptions pages.
Event - 22 November 2012
- Background Paper on e-Lending (2012)
As part of its work on the 2011-2012 Key Initiatives, the IFLA Governing Board appointed a working group to draft a background paper on digital lending. At its April meeting the IFLA Governing...
Publication - 11 May 2012
- Call for papers: Copyright Law and Legal Deposit for Audiovisual Materials
IFLA WLIC 11-16 August 2012, Helsinki, Finland Copyright laws have been established in many countries in the print age and have not been updated to meet the new needs of the digital era....
News - 19 December 2011
- Enhancing the Culture of Reading and Books in the Digital Age: Copyright as a Means to Foster Creativity and Access
Cherry blossoms in Osaka, Japan; image courtesy of pelican IFLA is pleased to announce that a symposium "Enhancing the Culture of Reading and Books in the Digital Age: Copyright...
Event - 20 September 2010
- Lecture of the Law Libraries Section in Göteborg
Conference Session 96 Law Libraries, Government Libraries and Government Information and Official Publications 12 August 2010 13:45 - 15:45 Creating an international legal...
News - 4 August 2010
Tags: Access to information, Access to knowledge, Advocacy, Copyright, Democracy, Document delivery, Freedom of expression, Freedom of information, Information policy, Intellectual property, Open Access, Policy, Law Libraries
- 19th Session of the Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights
Geneva, Switzerland December 14-18, 2009 From the floor with Barbara Stratton (IFLA) and Janice Pilch (LCA) on 15 December [first & second from the left] The World Intellectual...
News - 13 January 2010
- IFLA IT Section Newsletter Dec 2009
The IT Section is pleased to announce the latest issue of the Newsletter - December 2009. The latest issue of the IFLA ITS Newsletter features the following articles: IT Section...
News - 22 December 2009
- Update on Google Books Statement
français Background In 2002, Google began digitizing approximately seven million books at its own expense through partnerships with libraries, publishers, and authors. The database Google...
News - 4 December 2009
- IFLA Statement to the European Commission hearing on the Google Book Settlement
On Monday 7th September IFLA participated in a hearing in Brussels on the Google Book Settlement organised by the European Commission. IFLA, along with EBLIDA and LIBER, and other library...
News - 10 September 2009
- The IFLA position on the Geneva Declaration on the Future of WIPO (2004)
English | 中文 | français | Polski | Slovenčina The IFLA position on the Geneva Declaration on the Future of WIPO September 28, 2004 The International...
Publication - 31 March 2009